Perhaps the most surprising thing about a gift in your will or by beneficiary designation is that it costs you nothing now to give. You set it up simply by signing your name, and from that moment on, you have created your legacy of discipleship with The Navigators.
Please consider a gift in your will or trust or by beneficiary designation for The Navigators once your loved ones are provided for. You can change your gift at any time and for any reason, while the impact you have goes on and on.
Please let us know if you’ve included a gift for The Navigators in your will or trust or by beneficiary designation. Providing us with documentation is the best way to ensure that your gift is used in the way you intend.
A gift in your will or trust is easy to set up. It can be changed at any time and for any reason and it establishes your legacy with The Navigators to help build spiritual generations of disciples.
Here are some popular ways to leave a gift for The Navigators:
- A general gift in your will leaves a gift of a stated sum of money in your will or living trust, typically in the form of personal property or assets.
- A residual gift in your will leaves The Navigators the remainder of your estate after other bequests, debts, and taxes have been fulfilled.
- A specific gift in your will leaves The Navigators a specific dollar amount or stated fraction of your estate or specified items (collections, art, books, jewelry, and so on).
- A contingent gift in your will leaves The Navigators a stated share of your estate only if a spouse, family member or other beneficiary does not survive you.
To learn more about furthering the ministry of The Navigators, contact Kevin DiFelice, Director of Gift Planning, Brian Kinney, Gift Planning Officer CFP®, or Chelsea Adelmann, Gift Planning Support Specialist at 888-283-0157 or at email@example.com.
It’s easy to set up a legacy gift through a beneficiary designation in your retirement plan, insurance plan, or other asset. When you do, you create your legacy of discipleship, helping to bring His salvation to the world for generations to come.
Retirement funds gift: This option is becoming more and more popular, and here’s why. When you designate The Navigators as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, you give the gift that reduces your taxes, costs you nothing now, and strengthens our ministry to introduce people to Christ and help them to grow and mature as His disciples.
Benefits to you:
- Reduce or eliminate taxes on retirement assets.
- Remove highly taxable assets from your estate by direct beneficiary designation.
- Reduce or avoid probate fees.
- No cost to you now to give.
- Creates your legacy of discipleship with The Navigators.
To name The Navigators as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, contact your financial institution to see how to complete a change of beneficiary.
Savings bonds: If you have bonds that have stopped earning interest and that you plan to redeem, you will owe income tax on the appreciation. In the end, your heirs will receive only a fraction of the value of the bonds in which you invested. Since The Navigators is a tax-exempt institution, naming us as a beneficiary means that 100 percent of your gift will go toward supporting and strengthening The Navigators’ ministry.
CDs, bank accounts, brokerage accounts and commercial annuities: This is one of the best and easiest ways to make a difference for our ministry of Life-to-LifeTM discipleship. Naming The Navigators as the beneficiary of a certificate of deposit, a checking or savings bank account, or a brokerage account ensures your legacy of discipleship, helping others to know Christ.
Donor-Advised fund (DAF) residuals: Final distribution of contributions remaining in a Donor Advised Fund is governed by the contract you completed when you created your fund. Consider naming The Navigators as a “successor” of your account or a portion of your account value. We need you and your support, because we all want to know and share the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
To learn more about furthering the ministry of The Navigators, contact Kevin DiFelice, Director of Gift Planning, Brian Kinney, CFP®, Gift Planning Officer, or Chelsea Adelmann, Gift Planning Support Specialist at 888-283-0157 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.